Transform consumer in-store retail experience through real-time asset location tracking for Google
The Google retail team responsible for creation of the pop-up shops called ‘Made by Google’ to drive retail sales of Google's own brand range of hardware devices wanted to explore how they could transform the consumer in-store retail experience by allowing greater freedom to consumers to interact with the devices in-store.
The project challenge was both technical and experiential, with the goal of creating a working pilot for real-time tracking of a wide range of Google devices including VR headsets, mobile phones, and voice-activated Google Home devices to allow consumers to interact freely with the devices within the store and even request sales support at the push of a button.
The Solution & Approach
Using the SAP Technology Platform (formerly known as SAP Cloud Platform) and drawing on mobile technology expertise from across the supply chain, Rocket created a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacon asset tracking platform.
The Rocket Retail Asset Tracking Platform provides a digital solution across the full store life cycle.
- Store commissioning
- New store floorplan can be quickly set up, including the definition of store zones and warning zones (such as areas closer to the exits).
- Store staff mobile devices are registered for alerting and notifications.
- The personalised Google Store Floorplan.
- Adding new products/assets
- A new product/asset can be easily registered through a smartphone, tablet or PC via a store administration portal.
- Live tracking
- Products/assets can be tracked and located within the store in real-time using a smartphone, tablet, or PC.
- When a product moves into a warning zone the shop staff are issued a notification on their registered mobile devices.
- Beacons and Nodes that support the solution are easily managed through the Rocket Retail Asset Tracking Platform store management portal.
- Successful pilot demonstrated indoor real-time asset tracking to the required level of accuracy
- Easy creation of a graphical store layout
- Real-time visual assets location within store zones
- Immediate alerting of assets moving toward store exit area
- Salesperson request via a push of a button
- Opportunity for other data collection, such as drop sensing
Get in touch below to find out more about how we helped Google: