Yard Management is often an area of Supply Chain and Logistics which lacks attention. Consideration is always given to the physical flow of products into or out of the warehouse but , the way that vehicle movements are managed is not. The result is sub-optimal product flows.
Dispatch functions, gatehouse procedures, customer services and sales lack integration and alignment where physical vehicle flows or the use of assets on-site is concerned. A variety of problems and delays can be caused when:
- A vehicle arrives that the gatehouse security are not expecting Drivers do not know which part of a site they need to go to
- No-one knows why vehicles are on-site or what they are being used for
All these unknowns can have a negative impact upon wider vehicle flows and without a comprehensive, integrated system in place the yard can quickly become an efficiency and productivity block.
SAP Yard Management is a fundamental part of ERP functionality and can be vital to maximising customer performance levels. Rocket Consulting will help you design a useable process that will combat the main issues within this key area including visibility and traceability. We know how to set up a robust system that will accurately report on events as they unfold, to give you key management information.
Using the Yard Management solution from Rocket Consulting gives you:
- Shipment updates on completion of check in, check out, loading and unloading activities
- Delivery updates by check in and scheduling activities
- Automated lists of available vehicles and the ability to assign them to a specific delivery or shipment
- Full integration of Yard Management with Warehouse Management
- Door scheduling, weighing and sealing activities The option to share real-time information with third parties to help them better manage the process
- Improved yard and warehouse management control and efficiency
- Reduced vehicle delays leading to enhanced productivity
- Better management reporting and visibility of vehicle movements and status
- Ability to offer higher service levels to new customers and third parties
Give your supply chain the boost it needs.
Give us a call now on +44(0)844 80 40 660 or send us an enquiry.