Understanding and managing true transportation costs as a key aspect
in the reduction of overall cost to serve
With logistics spends as much as 8% of a total product cost and transportation costs making up 50% of that overall logistics cost, how can companies realise their goal of reducing their transportation costs?
Key steps to achieving this rely on a clear understanding of the real costs associated with transportation; the ability to analyse and compare these costs; and taking the initiative to control and drive down such costs.
To help build a roadmap for reducing transport costs
this Roundtable will discuss:
- The challenges of understanding the true transportation costs
- How to make the shift from planned cost to true costs
- Feasibility of using true cost information in daily operations
- Applying this true cost knowledge to your strategic advantage to reduce your overall logistics costs
- How SAP TMs inbuilt charge management tool can facilitate with each of the above and enable cost reduction across all transportation management processes.
About the Supply Chain Innovation Team
The SCIT programme provides an opportunity for senior supply chain decision makers and influencers to meet and share experiences and ideas to improve their supply chain. It is a member only programme that presents thought leadership and combines lessons learned, real solutions and action driven by SAP and Rocket Consulting. The Supply Chain Innovation Team is focused on bringing practical innovations to overcome real world supply chain challenges, and helping them drive forward.
The programme is a series of roundtables, webinars and thought leadership activities aimed at promoting discussion with peers and experts around supply chain best practice and to generate an informative forum for knowledge sharing. It is an opportunity of working together to understand real supply chain solutions to solve your day to day challenges.